Many life skills can be taught using the weather as your organizing principle so take advantage of your child’s interest and add in those skills. Some that come to mind are:
- Clothing: wardrobe planning, laundry, warm clothes versus summer clothes.
- Thinking ahead: taking water on hot days or snacks and a blanket on winter days when your car might get stuck in ice or snow
- Emergency prep for severe weather
Includes flashcards of weather symbols and a weather tracker.
Targeted Life Skills
- Reading symbols on a weather app
- Tracking weather
- How weather impacts our lives
To learn more about the ELARP™ Method and how it works, sign up for the free informational session in the menu above. The ELARP™ Method works for: special needs, nonverbal students, struggling learners, unmotivated learners, rebellious learners and stressed out moms who need simple lessons for rough periods.